EstateGuru is a European peer-to-peer lending platform for short-term property-backed loans. EstateGuru is based in Tallin, Estonia, and is open to international investors. When you invest in EstateGuru, you will earn an annual interest rate of 11.16%. It has features like automated investment strategies, a secondary market, an easy-to-use dashboard, and alert management. However, it does not have a buyback guarantee feature.
EstateGuru Review: Quick Facts
- EstateGuru is a European peer-to-peer lending platform where you can get property-backed loans.
- EstateGuru has features like automated investment strategies and a secondary, market where investors can sell their portfolios.
- You can invest as small as €50 and start earning an annual interest rate of 11.16%.
EstateGuru has lent out over €566 million and paid out over €44 million to investors. The number of investors stands at 131,000 with over 3,600 funded loans.
- 1 Who Can Invest in EstateGuru?
- 2 How EstateGuru Works
- 3 How to Invest in EstateGuru
- 4 EstateGuru Features
- 5 EstateGuru Fees
- 6 EstateGuru Alternatives
- 7 EstateGuru Supported Countries
- 8 EstateGuru Customer Support
- 9 Advantages of Investing EstateGuru
- 10 Cons
- 11 Is EstateGuru a Safe Investment Platform?
- 12 Summary of EstateGuru Review
- 13 Discover More
Who Can Invest in EstateGuru?
To invest in EstateGuru, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a bank account in any of EEA countries or Switzerland
- Comply with KYC
How EstateGuru Works
CrowdEstate is a peer-to-peer lending platform for short-term property-backed loans. EstateGuru provides loans to borrowers. Before loan requests are listed on the platform, EstateGuru does a proper review and vetting of borrowers.
EstateGuru then vets borrowers by carefully ensuring that they meet all the conditions. Once the borrower has been examined and approved, the loan is listed on the platform. Investors can then select loans to invest in and provide funding to borrowers.
The borrower then starts making repayments. The investor is then expected to make a repayment of the principal amount and the interest within the agreed schedule. Once the loan is repaid, funds are released to the investors’ virtual account.
How to Invest in EstateGuru
To start investing in EstateGuru, you first need to create an account.
- Sign up. You need to register as an investor if you want to invest in the platform. You will be asked to provide personal details and provide proof of identity.
- Fund the account. Once you have created an account and the account is approved, you need to fund the account. You can use virtual banks like Wise to fund your account.
- Select an investment project. You need to choose the development project you want to invest in and the amount you want to invest.
- Set up an auto-invest. You can set an auto-invest strategy so that you don’t have to manually select loans to invest in. This feature can help you a lot to save on time.
There are three primary loan types that you can invest in:
- Development loan: This is a loan that is used to fund the construction or development of a property.
- Bridge loan: This is a short-term loan used to meet current obligations before a borrower secures permanent financing.
- Business loan: This is a loan used to finance the operations of a company.
EstateGuru has some excellent features that can help you invest. These features include:
EstateGuru Auto-Invest Strategy
EstateGuru has an auto-invest feature that allows you to save time while investing. You need to set up a criterion through which you can select loans to invest in. For instance, you can set the amount you want to invest, and originating countries for loans to invest in. To use this feature, you need to invest at least €250 per loan. This feature may not be for you in case you are a small investor.
EstateGuru Secondary Market
EstateGuru has a secondary market for investors who would want to exit the platform before the maturity of their investment. If you need money urgently and want part or full investment, you can sell your investment portfolio in EstateGuru secondary market. You can sell your investment 30 days after purchase and you will be charged a 2% fee.
EstateGuru introduced EstateGuru Premium in September 2018. With this feature, investors with over €100,000 get some special benefits like:
- Notifications about new loans before other investors
- Bonus offers for large investments
- Invitations to EstateGuru events
- Personal EstateGuru contact
You can expect the following fees when investing in EstateGuru:
- Portal operator’s service fees: €1
- Inactive account fee: €2.5 per month
- Service seller fee on the secondary market: 2%
- Withdrawal fee: €1
You can invest in these other investment platforms as an alternative to EstateGuru.
EstateGuru Supported Countries
EstateGuru is open to investors in 109 countries. Most of these countries are the EEA member states. EstateGuru offers property-backed loans in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Spain, Germany, Sweden, and Finland.
EstateGuru Customer Support
EstateGuru has responsive customer support and you can reach them via phone: +372 6412 777 or email: email@example.com.
Advantages of Investing EstateGuru
- Auto invest strategy. EstateGuru can help you put your investment in autopilot mode. This means you can set parameters and when there is a loan that meets the parameters, the system can invest in it.
- Secured loans. All loans on the platform are secured with a mortgage. This means that if the borrower defaults in loan repayment, the security can be sold and the principal amount recovered.
- Low minimum investment amount. You only need €50 to invest in EstateGuru. You will earn an average annual interest rate of 11.16% by investing in the platform.
- No investment fees. Investors are not charged any fees to invest in the platform. All features are accessible free of charge.
- No buyback guarantee
- €1 withdrawal fee
- Lower yield than competitors
Is EstateGuru a Safe Investment Platform?
EstateGuru is a safe investment platform and its security is top-notch. The platform has been in place since 2013 and puts in place security measures to ensure investors’ money is safe. EstateGuru keeps investors’ money in a separate bank account from its finances to ensure its security. Besides, all loans are secured with a mortgage.
EstateGuru has good reviews on TrustPilot with 67% rating it as “Excellent”, 13% as “Great” and 4% as “Average”. Many people like the platform for its excellent and reliable payouts.
Summary of EstateGuru Review
EstateGuru is a peer-to-peer lending platform that offers property-backed loans. The platform does not charge investment fees while the minimum investment amount is €50. EstateGuru has investment features like an auto-invest strategy that allows investors automatically find loans to invest in. Also, loans advanced to borrowers are secured with a mortgage, hence protecting investors’ money. However, the downside of EstateGuru is that it does not have a buyback guarantee and charges a €1 withdrawal fee.