Ablrate is a peer-to-peer lending platform that connects lenders and borrowers. ABL stands for Asset-Backed Lending. The platform provides businesses and other borrowers with asset-backed loans. Borrowers can commit their assets like private jets, luxury yachts, and other properties as security for their loans. Therefore, loans offered at Ablrate are secured.
You need a minimum investment amount of £1 to start investing in Ablrate. Investors can earn average returns of between 10 and 15% by investing in the platform. You can exit the platform before your investment has matured through the secondary market. However, the platform does not have features like the auto-invest tool.
Ablrate Review: Quick Facts
- Ablrate is a peer-to-peer lending platform that allows investors to provide secured loans to borrowers.
- Ablrate has an early exit whereby investors can sell their portfolio in the secondary market for free.
- You can invest as low as 1 EUR and start earning an annual interest rate of between 10% and 15% annually.
Who Can Invest in Ablrate?
Individual investors and limited companies can invest in Ablrate. To invest in Ablrate, you need to be:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a bank account
- If you are a limited company, you must be registered with Companies House
Ablrate was founded by David Bradley Ward in 2012. As of 2022, Ablrate had traded over £55.9 million and paid out £13 million to investors.
How Ablrate Works
Ablrate is a peer-to-peer lending company that offers secured or collateralized loans to businesses. This is unlike other popular P2P companies that offer unsecured loans. As mentioned above, the company was started with the goal of offering loans tied to the aviation industry. As the company grew, it started to expand the number of assets that it backs.
The company works in a very simple way. It starts with borrowers who approach the company for financing. The company’s credit team conducts an extensive review of the borrower. The company then uses funds that are invested by borrowers to the borrower. The money then earns interest when the borrower starts to pay back the money.
To a large extent, this is the same way banks earn money. They receive customer deposits and then lend them to borrowers. The bank then earn interest from the money that is borrowed.
How to Start Investing in Ablrate
To start investing in Ablrate, follow these simple steps:
- Register. You need to first create an account at the Ablrate website. It is free to register.
- Make a deposit. You then need to make a deposit to your Ablrate account. You need to make a minimum deposit of £100 through a bank transfer or a credit card transfer.
- Select a loan to invest in. You need to browse through and find a loan you can invest in the platform.
- Start earning interest. Once you have selected a loan to invest in, you will start earning interest. Ablrate provides returns of up to 15% per annum.
- Buy or sell your investment. You can trade with other investors in the secondary market for whom you can sell to or buy from an investment.
Ablrate has the following features that are accessible by investors:
Ablrate has a secondary market where investors can sell their investments in case they want to exit the platform. Investors can trade between themselves in the secondary market. There are no fees associated with selling your portfolio in the secondary market. You can sell your portfolio at a premium or at a discount.
Ablrate Finance ISA
Ablrate started offering IFISA to Ablrate lenders. With Ablrate ISA, you can withdraw funds from IFSA and put the funds back in the same financial year and it won’t affect your annual allowance. It is free to maintain the IFISA.
Is Ablrate Safe?
Yes. Ablrate is licensed and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The FCA can pursue criminal offenses against companies that violate the set standards. Your funds in the Ablrate account are kept in a separate bank account with NatWest Bank. If the bank fails, your funds are protected up to a certain amount.
Ablrate has 3.1 ratings on Trustpilot. Investors like the platform for its high returns of up to 15%, secondary market, and easy-to-use platform.
Pros and Cons of Investing in Ablrate
- High returns of up to 15%
- Instant interest returns
- Secondary market with zero fees
- Great staff communication
- No buyback guarantee
- No auto-invest tool
- Complicated secondary market
Ablrate Supported Countries
To invest in Ablrate, you need to be a citizen of the UK. However, overseas residents can invest in the platform apart from USA residents.
Ablrate Customer Support
If you wish to speak to Ablrate customer support, you can reach them by phone: +44 (0) 1491 410 400 or email: email@example.com. You can also fill in a contact form on their website.
You can invest in the following investment platforms as an alternative to Ablrate:
Summary of Ablrate Review
Ablrate is a peer-to-peer lending platform that connects lenders with borrowers who can provide them with secured loans. You can invest as low as 1 EUR and start earning an annual interest rate of between 10% and 15%. Ablrate has a secondary market where investors can sell their investments in case they want to exit the platform. No charges for selling portfolios in the secondary market. It is also free to invest in the platform. However, the platform does not have an auto-invest tool, or buyback guarantee.