Assetz Capital is a peer-to-peer lending platform for business loans and mortgages for commercial properties such as homes, schools, and hotels. You can invest a minimum of £1 in the platform. When you invest in Assetz Capital, you get to earn an interest rate of up to 4.10% per annum. You also get to earn tax-free loan interest when you invest through Innovative Finance ISA (Individual Savings Account). Assetz Capital has investment products like auto-invest function, IFISA and a secondary market.
Assetz Capital Review: Quick Facts
- Assetz Capital is a peer-to-peer lending platform that offers business loans and mortgages based in the UK. It is open to investors from all over the world.
- You can invest as low as £1 and start earning an average annual interest rate of 4.10%.
- Assetz Capital has investment features like an auto-invest function, IFISA and a secondary market.
Assetz Capital was started in 2013 in the UK. As of 2022, Assetz Capital had lent out over £1.5 billion to businesses while investors had earned interest of up to £199 million.
- 1 Who Can Invest in Assetz Capital?
- 2 How Assetz Capital Works
- 3 How to Invest in Assetz Capital
- 4 Types of Accounts Offered by Assetz Capital
- 5 Assetz Capital Features
- 6 Assetz Capital Customer Support
- 7 Assetz Capital Supported Countries
- 8 Is Assetz Capital Regulated?
- 9 Pros and Cons of Assetz Capital
- 10 Assetz Capital Alternatives
- 11 Is It Safe to Invest in Assetz Capital?
- 12 Summary of Assetz Capital Review
- 13 Discover More
Who Can Invest in Assetz Capital?
To invest in Assetz Capital, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a bank account
How Assetz Capital Works
Assetz Capital works almost the same way as other investment accounts. You can open auto-reinvest accounts or you can opt to use a manual invest account. You can fund your account through a bank transfer. Then you need to select investments and you can start earning a passive income. You can invest in the following types of loans through Assetz Capital.
- Commercial mortgages
- Secured SME term loans
- Development finance
- Residential refurbishment
- Bridging finance
How to Invest in Assetz Capital
To invest in Assetz Capital, follow these simple steps:
- Open an account. The first step to start investing in Assetz Capital is to open an account on their website.
- Select the type of account you want. You need to select an account to invest in between Quick Access, 30-day access and 90-day access account. You can also select the manual invest account.
- Fund your account. You then need to fund your account to start investing. You can fund the account through a bank transfer.
- Start earning. Once you have selected your investment, you can start earning a passive income. The rate of return will depend on the account type you have invested in.
Types of Accounts Offered by Assetz Capital
Assetz Capital offers three types of automated accounts. Investors can invest in any of these automated accounts at Assetz Capital.
- Quick Access Account. This is an auto-Invest account that offers interest rates of 3.75% p.a. You can access your investment almost immediately. It covers a provision fund and IFISA.
- 30 Day Access Account. This is an auto-Invest account that offers interest rates of 4.10% p.a. You need to provide a 30 days’ notice to access your investment. It covers a provision fund and IFISA.
- 90 Day Access Account. This is an auto-Invest account that offers interest rates of 4.00% p.a. You need to provide a 90 days’ notice to access your investment. It covers a provision fund and IFISA.
Besides the three, Assetz Capital also has a manual account. The manual account allows you to pick the loans you want to invest in and when to sell your portfolio.
- Manual Lending Account. It pays interest at a rate of between 4.04% and 10.60% per year. It does not have a provision fund, but has IFISA covered.
Assetz Capital Features
Assetz Capital has the following features that are accessible by investors:
Assetz Capital Secondary Market
Assetz Capital has a secondary market where investors can sell their portfolios in case they want to exit the platform. Investors can trade between themselves. Investors with QAA accounts can sell their portfolios at a discount to speed up their speed of exit from the platform. There are no fees associated with selling portfolios in the secondary market.
Innovative Finance ISA
Assetz Capital has an IFISA in its various investment accounts. Interest generated in IFISA account is not subject to personal income tax.
Assetz Capital Customer Support
You can reach Assetz Capital customer support by phone: 0800 470 0430, or email: email@example.com. You can also reach them through a Live Chat through their website.
Assetz Capital Supported Countries
Assetz Capital is available in many countries across the world. Even if you are not from the UK, you can invest in the platform if you pass the security checks. Even US residents can invest in Assetz Capital. You only need to have a UK bank account and b over 18 years old.
Is Assetz Capital Regulated?
Yes. Assetz Capital is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK. However, investments made through the platform are not covered by the FSCS. FCA reports to the UK government and can pursue criminal activities.
Pros and Cons of Assetz Capital
- Has a secondary market
- Has an auto-invest function
- Has an IFISA feature
- No early exit fees
- No exit discounting on 30-day and 90-day access accounts.
Assetz Capital Alternatives
You can invest in the following investment companies as an alternative to Assetz Capital:
Is It Safe to Invest in Assetz Capital?
Assetz Capital is a safe and secure investment platform. Investors are required to use strong passwords for their investment accounts. Its website is secure and has an SSL certificate to ensure the security of its user’s data.
Assetz Capital has 4.4 ratings on Trustpilot. Investors applauded the platform for its customer support and its ISA accounts that have helped them earn good returns.
Summary of Assetz Capital Review
Assetz Capital is a peer-to-peer lending platform that allows investors to invest in business loans. Investors can invest as low as 1 EUR and start earning a 4.10% rate of return. Assetz Capital has a secondary market and an auto-reinvest feature. The platform also has an Innovative Finance ISA feature. However, the platform does not have exit discounting on 30-day and 90-day access accounts.