Unbolted is a peer-to-peer lending platform based in the UK that offers secured consumer loans. Unbolted focuses on unsecured consumer lending using pawnbroker style. You can secure your loan using gold, jewelry, art, and books. You can invest as low as £1 in Unbolted and start earning an average annual return rate of 8%. Unbolted has investment features like Innovative Finance ISA, an auto-invest tool, and a secondary market.
Unbolted Review: Quick Facts
- Unbolted is a peer-to-peer lending platform for consumer loans. It is based in the UK and only UK investors can invest in it.
- Investors can invest a minimum of 1 EUR and start earning an average annual interest rate of 8% per annum.
- Unbolted has investment features like an auto-invest tool, a secondary market, and an Innovative Finance ISA.
Unbolted p2p lending business was launched in 2014 and is based in the UK. As of 2022, Unbolted had paid out over £5 million as an interest to investors.
- 1 Who Can Invest in Unbolted?
- 2 How Unbolted Works
- 3 How to Invest in Unbolted
- 4 Unbolted Features
- 5 Unbolted Alternatives
- 6 Unbolted Supported Countries
- 7 Unbolted Customer Support
- 8 Is Unbolted Regulated
- 9 Advantages of Investing in Unbolted
- 10 Cons
- 11 Is It Safe to Invest in Unbolted?
- 12 Summary of Unbolted Review
- 13 Discover More
Who Can Invest in Unbolted?
To invest in Unbolted, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a UK bank account
- Pass verification checks
How Unbolted Works
Unbolted works almost the same as other investment platforms. Borrowers make loan requests through Unbolted and then Unbolted connects them with investors. Borrowers need to first enquire about their requirements. The investor will then provide security over the assets they will provide. The borrower can then finalize the agreement and get a loan.
If the loan request by the borrower meets all the requirements and the borrower provides collateral for the loan, Unbolted can then list the loan on the website. Investors can then invest in the loan. The borrower is expected to pay interest and principal amount which goes to the investor. If the borrower is unable to repay the loan, Unbolted can swap the security for the loan.
How to Invest in Unbolted
To invest in Unbolted, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Sign in. You need to first create an account on Unbolted website. Make sure to create an investor account. You need to provide an email and a password.
- Verification. You need to verify your identity. A link will be sent to your email. Click on the link to verify your identity and respond to their queries.
- Select investment strategy. You need to select an investment strategy like a manual or auto invest strategy.
- Fund your account. You need to fund your Unbolted account. You can fund the account through a bank transfer that normally takes between 24 and 48 hours.
- Start earning. Once you have invested your money, you will start earning interest at a rate of 8% annually. This is a great way to earn a passive income.
Unbolted has the following features that are accessible to investors.
Unbolted has a secondary market where investors can sell their investments. Investors who want to exit the platform can trade with other investors and sell to them their portfolio. There are no fees associated with the sale of a portfolio in the secondary market.
Auto Invest Feature
Unbolted has both manual and auto-invest features. Most investors like the platform because of its auto-invest feature. Through the auto-invest feature, investors can pick loans to invest in. The feature is time-saving since investors don’t need to browse through the website to find loans to invest in. An investor needs to provide a criterion to select a loan to invest in. When such a loan is available, it is automatically selected.
You can invest in the following investment platforms as an alternative to Unbolted:
Unbolted Supported Countries
To invest in Unbolted, you must be from the UK. Unbolted is not available to investors from other countries.
Unbolted Customer Support
You can reach Unbolted customer support by phone: 0203 567 1300 or by email: email@example.com.
Is Unbolted Regulated
Unbolted is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under FCA number 741896. The FCA reports to the UK government and can pursue criminal activities if a party violates the set standards. However, funds invested in Unbolted are not secured by the Financial Services
Advantages of Investing in Unbolted
- Has a secondary market. Investors can trade between themselves. An investor can sell their investment through the secondary market at no fee.
- Secured loans. Unlike other peer-to-peer loans, Unbolted loans are backed by physical assets.
- Performance. Unbolted loans return more than 8% every year. This is above what average assets return every year.
- Easy to invest. Creating an account with Unbolted is relatively easy.
- Proven track record. Past performance is never a guarantee for future performance. Nonetheless, Unbolted appears to have a good track record.
- Auto Lend. You can let the company’s algorithms select investments for you.
• Manual investment option is hard
• Provision Trust only covers capita and not interest
Is It Safe to Invest in Unbolted?
Before investing, every investor wants to know if their money is safe. Just like any other investment, investing in Unbolted has its own risks. However, the platform has put in place measures to ensure that investors’ money is safe. Investors are required to secure their accounts using a strong password. Their website has an SSL certificate to prevent users from malware.
Unbolted has 3.8 ratings on Trustpilot. Investors like the platform for its high average returns of 8% per annum, secured loans, ethics, and professionalism.
Summary of Unbolted Review
Unbolted is a peer-to-peer lending platform that deals with consumer loans. The platform is based in the UK and is only open to UK investors only. You can invest as low as 1 EUR and start earning an annual interest rate of 8%. Unbolted has an auto-invest function, a secondary market where investors can sell their portfolios. It also has a manual investment strategy. However, the manual investment strategy is a bit challenging.