There are many ways you can trade gift cards online instantly for cash or their equivalent. We have selected several sites and apps where you can sell unwanted gift cards. You could also choose to sell a gift card online for cash with instant PayPal payout, or even sell gift cards for Bitcoin. Finally, we also give options to sell gift cards for cash instantly nearby.
Did you know?
- Some online bank accounts allow you to top-up your account with gift cards. Examples of banks where you can transfer money from gift card to bank account include the new online bank Revolut that is also available in the USA. The account is for free and also comes with premium features.
- Unused gift cards with a total value of over $1 billion go into waste every year. This is because gift cards have become very popular, especially during festivities as a way to give presents to employees, colleagues, friends and family. The average American has $116 in unused gift cards.
- Most popular categories of gift cards are restaurants, department Stores, prepaid cards (Visa/Master Card/American Express/Discover Gift Card), online stores such as Amazon gift cards, coffee shops and entertainment..
- 1 Tips on how to sell gift cards online instantly
- 2 How to get cash from a gift card
- 3 Which is a profitable option, sell unwanted gift cards or trade gift cards in?
- 4 1. Sell gift cards online direct deposit
- 5 2. Sell gift cards for PayPal instantly
- 6 3. Sell your gift card for cash near me
- 7 4. Hand over the gift card to the retailer
- 8 5. Give the card to charity
- 9 6. Trade gift cards for bitcoin
- 10 How to stay safe when selling gift cards
Tips on how to sell gift cards online instantly
Have the following in mind when you sell gift cards instantly.
- Sell gift card online instantly instead of physically to avoid shipping costs.
- It is also possible to sell gift cards online instantly that are partially used and if possible, opt to trade a gift card instead of selling it.
- Finally, since gift cards do not have expiry dates, you can wait to sell it at your preferred price.
How to get cash from a gift card
It is a simple procedure to post and sell your gift card. Follow these simple steps.
- State the brand of your gift card.
- State the gift card balance.
- Send the card number and its pin.
- Select your selling price.
Once you have submitted the above information, verification takes place immediately. After a short while the service has checked your information, upon which the listing goes live. The card usually sells within 24-48 hours. Most online market places convert physical gift cards to digital gift cards and the send the card balance to the buyer after a sale.
Which is a profitable option, sell unwanted gift cards or trade gift cards in?
When you have a gift card in high demand like that of Amazon gift card or iTunes gift card, it is better to trade it in than to sell it. It is more profitable since you only need to swap the balance at a small fee.
You can check the balance on your gift card using Gift card balance checker.
1. Sell gift cards online direct deposit
There are several sites where you can sell unwanted gift card like CardCash and GiftDeals (find the full list below). However, usually you will sell a gift card cheaper than its face value. All you need to do is to state the merchant of your card and then check for the highest offer. The price of the card depends on how popular the card is. Different gift cards have different procedures for selling.
We have selected for you some marketplaces where you can consider selling your gift card. Be aware that you will be paying a small fee or commission at most online gift card exchange sites. Therefore you also may want to look into the options to sell your gift card locally.
Gift Card Granny
Gift Card Granny is among the best and easy places to sell gift cards online electronically instantly. You are in a position to compare the prices of various consumers. You can get up to 92 percent of the face value of a gift card that is in high demand. All you need to do is to choose: Sell It Now, Name Your Price or Trade In. If you need cash immediately, select the option Sell It Now and you will get cash deposit through PayPal or direct deposit.
Gift Card Granny allows you to use your remaining balance on Amazon. Regardless of the amount left on your gift card, you can load the remaining balance into your Amazon account.
Prepaid2Cash allows consumers to redeeming their gift card with cash or cryptocurrency. To use the platform, you need to download Prepaid2Cash app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play, sign up, and start your transaction. After verifying your gift card details and submitting your transaction, you will receive your payment in your bank account in 2-3 business days.
With Prepaid2Cash, you can receive up to 92% of the gift card value, but the actual exchange rate varies based on the brand of the gift card. Once the balance on your card has been verified, they will present you with an offer in the Prepaid2Cash app.
GiftDeals allows you to sell gift card for cash instantly. You can sell your gift card to a self-service kiosk or a person. Here, you can get up to 92 percent of the face value of the gift card. You also have an option to quote your price.
With Cash4GiftCardAmerica, you can sell gift cards immediately and get your money in your account in less than an hour. With this website, you can sell gift cards for Cash App balance. You can also sell gift card for PayPal balance and Zelle.
Here, you have an option to sell or trade at CardCash. When you trade, you are in a position to get up to 14 percent of the card face value. When you sell your card, you can get up to 92 percent of the card face value. Payment is through PayPal or direct deposit. You can also check within 48 hours when you choose to trade.
GiftCash allows you to turn gift cards into cash by selling gift cards you don’t need and use the cash the way you want. With this website, you easily get cash for gift cards instantly.
BuyBackWorld is one of best websites that allow users to sell Target gift card instantly as well as other popular brands such as Macy’s, Best Buy, Nike, Home Depot, Starbucks, Kohl’s, and Sears.
One of the best websites to sell Amazon gift card for cash is Gameflip. Popular gift cards on the platform are Steam cards, PSN, Xbox Live, Amazon, iTunes, and Google Play cards.
2. Sell gift cards for PayPal instantly
You can sell gift cards for PayPal balance via Gift Card Granny, CardCash and Cash4GiftCardsAmerica. It usually takes one business day for your funds to deposit into your PayPal account. You can exchange as many gift cards as you want at once. Rates for gift card exchange value can differ from company to company depending on the gift card’s demand.
How to convert gift card to PayPal
To sell gift cards for PayPal instantly, simply go to CardCash and follow the following steps. If an offer is available, you’ll see the amount available for PayPal card exchange.
- Enter the merchant’s name and the balance amount on your gift card, and click
GET OFFER. If an offer is available, you’ll see the amount of PayPal balance you can exchange with this gift card.
- To add another gift card, just enter the information below and click
- If you agree to the exchange offer, click
- Enter your gift card number and PIN, and click
Connect with PayPal.
- Log in to your PayPal account, fill in the required fields, and click
Get my PayPal Balance.
3. Sell your gift card for cash near me
Where Can I sell gift cards for cash instantly near me? Below are some of the way you can get instant cash for gift cards near you. If you don’t want to use the options above to trade your gift cards for cash, there are more options available.
A Garage Sale may also be a good option to sell your gift cards. This is really useful when you find it difficult to sell a gift card online or in-person kiosk. It is not sure whether you will make a profit because it depends on the interest the prospective shopper intends to make. Request your potential buyer to dial 1-800 number which is free to confirm the card balance.
Craigslist is a local gift card selling app. It is the best place to sell gift cards for local businesses. Before you sell your gift cards online, it is critical that the buyer confirms the card balance.
Trade gift cards / Exchange gift card
In case you have received a gift card other than the one you had targeted, you can exchange it and get your target gift card. Several stores deal with the exchange of gift cards. Even in instances when you have used some part of a gift card, you can still exchange the remaining part. You can ask people within your circle if they would consider exchanging their gift cards. You can also exchange gift cards for other gift cards online. Sites where you can trade gift cards for other gift cards include Raise.
4. Hand over the gift card to the retailer
Handing over the gift card to the retailer is one of the better options to get your cash, but most retailers make the process too complicated. In various ways, they discourage people from using this option. Before returning a gift card to the issuer, understand the return policy of the issuer or you can request the person who gifted you to assist you with the receipt. Returning a gift card to a retailer will result in the following options.
- The retailer will exchange the gift card a lower value compared to the face value.
- You will be required to have the purchasing receipt while returning the gift card.
- The retailer can offer you an in-store credit. The disadvantage is that you will need to shop in their outlets.
5. Give the card to charity
Instead of letting a gift card to go into waste, you can gift it to a charity instead of receiving cash. When you give a gift card to a charity, you get an added advantage of $35 direct tax benefit for a gift card worth $100.
Gift Card Bank is a philanthropic initiative started by a team of Stanford students and social entrepreneurs in response to the COVID-19 crisis. The charity collects donations of gift cards for essentials like groceries and clothing, and match them to people who are on the brink of financial duress.
6. Trade gift cards for bitcoin
Can you sell gift card for crypto? Yes, you can sell gift cards for Bitcoin especially if you want to invest in Bitcoin. Best sites to trade gift cards for Bitcoin include Prepaid2Cash, Paxful and Purse. Another marketplace where you can sell gift cards for Bitcoin instantly is Redeeem, a peer-to-peer exchange that lets you buy, sell and trade digital goods for bitcoin and other supported altcoins.
With Redeem, you can buy and sell gift cards from well known brands such as eBay, Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
How to stay safe when selling gift cards
Among the best sites to sell gift cards online for cash instantly is a marketplace where they verify the card balance and also offer protection both to the buyer and the seller. Once you have sold the gift card, it is essential that you keep it for up to 180 days just in case the buyer is unable to redeem the card balance.
If you find another platform yourself to trade gift cards online instantly, be sure to always check them on trustpilot first.