Bank Millennium and PKO Bank Polski allow Ukrainian citizens to open free bank accounts in without proof of residence or employment in Poland. All you need to do is to visit any branch with your Ukrainian passport or ID.
Read this post in Ukrainian: Рахунок у Польщі для українців без підтвердження місця проживання
Free Bank Accounts for Ukrainians
- A number of banks are offering free bank accounts and simplified account opening processes for Ukrainians. They include Wise, Revolut, Monese and bunq
- Moneta Bank offers free bank account for Ukrainians in the Czech Republic
- Other banks offer free bank accounts for Ukrainians in the UK and Ukrainian refugees accounts in Latvia
- 1 How to Open Millennium Bank Account
- 2 Bank Millennium Fees for Ukrainian Citizens in Poland
- 3 How to Open PKO Bank Polski Account for Ukrainians in Poland (PKO Account Without Borders)
- 4 What Can You Do With IKO App?
- 5 PKO Bank Fees
- 6 More Information About Bank Accounts for Ukrainian Refugees
- 7 Free Money Transfer to Ukraine
How to Open Millennium Bank Account
To open your free bank account in Poland as a Ukrainian citizen, you need to visit Bank Millennium branch with your passport. Find out the local branch in your area from the list of Bank Millenium branches. Ukrainian citizen can open an account only in the branch, on the territory of Poland. If you are already a customer, you can open a savings or currency account remotely. You can do it in Millenet.
For any queries, you can contact Bank Millennium consultants who will provide support in Ukrainian for you on +48 22 598 40 45. The helpline is available Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Unfortunately, Bank Millennium is not planning to add hryvnia to the list of its supported currencies. Supported currencies are PLN, USD, EUR, CHF, and GBP.
The Bank Millennium Foundation has launched a special edition of the #sluchaMYwspieraMY grant programme for Ukrainian citizens, in which employees of the Bank Millennium Group can implement their own social initiatives and help refugees from Ukraine in their local community. Bank employees use their ideas, observations and experiences, and unite to organize support for people who, due to the ongoing war in Ukraine, lost their homes, families and came to Poland. The project will run until 31.05.2022 and may be extended.
Bank Millennium Fees for Ukrainian Citizens in Poland
Individual clients with Ukrainian citizenship will not pay for:
- Account maintenance
- Payment card issued to current account
- All ATM withdrawals
- Cash withdrawals in branches
- No commission for all foreign transfers to Ukraine (this applies to all senders regardless of citizenship)
Special offer until 31.05.2022. Individual clients with Ukrainian citizenship may receive a refund of the amount of the handling fee charged for termination of the structured deposit or redeeming participation units in investment funds managed by Millennium TFI.
The system may still charge you when making money transfer to Ukraine, but you don’t need to file a complaint in this case. Within a few days the bank will return the fee to the account from which the transfer was ordered.
How to Open PKO Bank Polski Account for Ukrainians in Poland (PKO Account Without Borders)
To open a PKO Account Without Borders (PKO Konto bez Granic), you need to visit PKO Bank branch with either of the following documents:
- Ukrainian foreign passport
- Ukrainian identity card in a plastic version (internal passport), issued after 2016
The bank advisor will tell you about the account details and prepare the contract for signature. If you do not have the appropriate document, you can open a Temporary Account Without Borders
Once you have your free PKO Bank Polski account is created, you can activate access to electronic banking and the PKO mobile banking app, the IKO, on your own or with the help of an advisor. The IKO app will enable you to conduct all your banking activities on your smartphone.
What Can You Do With IKO App?
IKO application will allow you to conduct a number of transactions, which include:
- Paying for purchases with a contactless phone or BLIK
- Buying tickets for public transport
- Paying for parking and motorway travel
- Opening a foreign currency account with a multi-currency card
- Handling official matters online via e-Identities
PKO Bank Fees
PKO Account Without Borders for Ukrainians in Poland is a special account that will be free of maintenance charges for the first 12 months. After one year, maintenance fee will be PLN 17.90 per month. Other free services include:
- Free withdrawals from all ATMs in Poland and abroad
- A multi-currency card for international and online payments without currency conversion and without service fee
- Free deposits and withdrawals at bank branches
- Free domestic and foreign standard transfers, standing orders and direct debits
More Information About Bank Accounts for Ukrainian Refugees
- Revolut Account for Ukrainian Refugees
- bunq Account for Ukrainian Refugees
- Wise Account for Ukrainian Refugees
- Monese Account for Ukrainian Refugees in EEA and UK
- Moneta Bank: Free Account for Ukrainians in Czech Republic
- Bank Accounts for Ukrainian Refugees in Latvia