Zambia online businesses and other industries in the country have had challenges in accepting online payments. As such, online payment providers in Zambia come in to solve this problem. Choosing the right online payment methods in Zambia for your business is crucial since it will affect your security level, returns, and your customers’ experience when shopping with you. Here’s a list of best payment gateways in Zambia.
Payment solutions allow you to do the following:
- Accept multicurrency credit card and debit card payments from around the world
- Accept mobile money payment such as MTM Money and Airtel Money
- Integrate shopping carts and ecommerce platforms and plugins such as Shopify, Wix, WooCommerce, etc., on your website or online store
- Manage recurring and subscription billing
- Integrate invoicing and accounting software
Businesses That Need zambian Payment Gateways
- Online stores
- Utility and bills payments
- Travel agents and tour operators
- Logistics companies
- Insurance companies
What To Consider When Choosing Online Payment Solution
Factors to consider when choosing online payment gateways in Zambia include the following:
- Payout time. You need to know the time it will take for your business to access your funds. Shorter payout time is the best choice. However, some payment solution take may take more than a month to remit your funds.
- Security (PCI compliance). You should make your customers feel secure when making a payment online via your website through protocals such as Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) certificate and anti fraud protection. This means your solution must be a level 1 compliant with the PCI-DSS.
- Ease of website integration. You need to be able to integrate your payment solution with other software you use in your business such as customer relationship management (CRM), invoicing and accounting.
- Multi-currency support. If your business is global, you need a payment solution that supports multi-currency transactions for people from different parts of the world.
- Fees. Look for a fee structure that fits your business model, capital, revenue, etc. The pricing structure must also be transparent. Hidden fees will affect your profitability.
- Customers experience. You need to ensure that your solution will provide a convenient and fast checkout process for your customers.
- Subscription/recurring billing support. If your business needs a subscription or recurring billing option, then you need a payment solution that offers that option.
- Reserve funds. Payment solutions have a standard practice of holding a percentage of your funds for 3-6 months to cover potential financial risk. You should be aware of this and make sure you know what percentage will be covered in reserve funds for every transaction.
Benefits of Online Payments in Zambia
Online payments have several advantages to both the company selling products or services online and the clients. Some advantages include the following:
- Merchant security. Online payment systems ensure that merchant data is kept private during transactions.
- Flexibility. You do not have to own an online shop or website to accept online payments. You can take payments over the phone with a virtual terminal or through email with Pay by Link feature.
- It saves time and money. Payment processing is usually fast and cheaper since you can transact anytime, anywhere.
- Less effort. Digital payment processes eliminate the need to go to physical bank branches to deposit cheques and record payments.
Online Payment Providers and Payment Gateways in Zambia
A payment provider is a third-party processor that allows sellers to accept online payments without a merchant account of their own. On the other hand, a payment gateway is a service or software that authorizes credit card payments and processes transactions for online retailers. Online payment providers and payment gateways work hand in hand to allow businesses to accept online payments from their customers.
How to Receive Online Payments in Zambia
In order to be able to receive online payments in Zambia for your business, you need to sign up for a service from a payment provider/gateway. Some of the payment gateways in Zambia you can use include:
Flutterwave is an Africa payment solution that offer service in a number of African countries including Zambia. Flutterwave allows you to make and accept payments in Zambia from customers anywhere in the world. What makes Flutterwave one of the best payment providers in Zambia is the fact that it offers mobile money payment gateway in Zambia. It enables merchants to accept payments from customers in Zambia using their ewallets and mobile money accounts on MTN Money and Airtel Money. Other payment options such as debit card and credit card are also supported.
If you don’t have an online store, you can set up an online store instantly for free using Flutterwave Store platform and be able to collect payments in over 150 currencies, including USD, GBP, Euro and Yuan. Moreover, you can receive payments without a website or Flutterwave integration by creating a one time or recurring payment link and send to your customers.
MFS Africa Zambia
MFS Africa is the largest digital payments gateway on the continent. The fintench offers cross-border, cross-currency, and cross-network digital payments solutions. Its main specialty is in mobile payments, insurance, micro-lending, international money transfers, virtual cards, eCommerce, and p2p cross border mobile money transfer.
Its platform allows micro loan, insurance and utility providers to collect payments using mobile money, website, an app, or USSD menu. Online traders in Zambia can collect funds from shoppers and subscribers around the world. Its clients include global merchants, remittance companies, global development organizations, banks and financial service providers.
PesaPal is a leading Kenyan payment solution that enables you to make and accept online payments on your website in Zambia. All you need to do is integrate it on your website and start accepting funds from a wide range of payments methods online. Pesapal has a Payments Page that helps you to receive online payments made through VISA, Mastercard, American Express, or mobile money. With the PesaPal Payments Page, you can use the Secure Form or Quick Links to get paid.
Tingg is a payment solution in Zambia that allows customers to pay by debit/credit card, mobile money or direct bank transfer. Tingg is a product of Cellulant, a Pan African fintech company. If your customers want to make a mobile money payment with Tingg, they simply need to dial Tingg Zambia USSD *265# and enter your merchant code. Tingg is used by retailers, schools, utility companies, etc. Some of companies that already use Tingg in Zambia are Yalelo, TopStar, Ross Breeders Zambia, etc.
MyPayment Guru Zambia
MyPayment Guru is a popular Payment Gateway service provider in Zambia. This platform offers the 2D Payment Gateway to all merchants including those with a bad credit history and those running high-risk businesses. MyPayment Guru provides credit card payment solutions for ecommerce, retail payments, mobile payments, and virtual terminal at competitive prices. The 2D payment gateway accepts a variety of cards like VISA, Mastercard, Discover, JCB, American Express, etc.
Zynle Technologies Limited
Zynle Technologies Limited is a payment solutions provider in Zambia and Southern Africa. It offers the ZynlePay payment gateway that enables merchants, online shops, universities/colleges, NGOs, and associations in Zambia to accept online payments through debit and credit cards. The ZynlePay Payment Gateway can be integrated with different other systems and platforms such as mobile applications, websites, bank systems, etc. The provider charges 5% of the transaction amount as a commission.
iNgwee is one of the local Zambian payment gateways that enables businesses to accept payments online from all major credit and debit cards (VISA, Mastercard or American Express credit or debit/ATM cards). iNgwee provides features like debit/credit card payment processing, online product management, transaction notifications, internet banking terminal, online sales reporting, etc. If you want to open an iNgwee online payment page for your business, you will have to pay a one-time registration fee of K2, 954. You will also pay a 4.5% fee for each transaction. iNgwee is ideal for schools, private clinics, service providers, hotels and lodges, and learning institution.
2Checkout is a payments solutions platform that offers a payment gateway called 2Sell. 2Sell accepts all major credit cards and payments methods, including Skrill, Neteller, PayPal, bank transfer, American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and JCB. 2Checkout allows you to host your own checkout page, set recurring transactions, and compile payment history reports.
Sparco payment gateway is a financial technology company that provides financial solutions to both individuals and the corporate sector in Zambia. Its products and services include the Sparco app (which allows you to transfer money from your credit/debit card or mobile money account), microfinance services, and the Sparco payment gateway. The payment gateway allows you to accept online payments and provides instant notifications of the transactions.
Paymentwall is a payment platform that offers a wide range of payment methods including credit and debit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, mobile carrier billing, prepaid cards, etc. The platform also offers several payment services such as dispute management service, proprietary risk management engine, settlement services, analytical tools, etc. Paymentwall offers ready-to-use plugins for ecommerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento, etc.
The DPO Group is one of the well known payment gateway in Zambia. It allows you to accept payments online through its payment gateway, receive cash advances, settle payments, and enjoy seamless payment processing. Payment methods in Zambia include credit/debit card, Airtel and MTN mobile money, etc. To use DPO services, you will first need to create a DPO account after which you will receive a DPO API. Then, download a DPO plugin and integrate it to your content management system. The DPO Payment gateway works with several plugins including Woo Commerce, Shopify, Wix, PrestaShop, Gravity Forms, Magento, and Ecwid.
Final Thoughts on Online Payment Solutions in Zambia
Zambia payment gateways make it possible for you to accept payments online. As we have seen in this article, there are several options available in Zambia. It is best to conduct good research and select a solution that fits your business needs.