Joompay, a European banking app, offers a euro account with IBAN for Ukrainian refugees to receive and send money in the European Economic Area (EEA) without any fees. The only document required to open your account for free is a Ukrainian passport or Ukrainian ID card. The app and customer service is in Ukrainian.
You can read this post in Ukrainian: Joompay: безплатний рахунок в євро для українських біженців в Європейському Союзі
Bank Accounts for Ukrainian Refugees. The easiest solution are online banks, fintech and banking apps such as Wise, Revolut, bung, Monese and Incharge, which allow Ukrainians to open bank account online for free. These accounts can be used in Europe as any other bank account. They are easier to open and for free.
How to Open Free Joompay Account
The sign up process is extremely short and straightforward. You have to download Joompay app in Google Play or App Store. Alternatively, you can scan the QR code to download the app. You need a phone number that can receive SMS, including your Ukrainian one. You then need to verify your identity with your Ukrainian passport or Ukrainian ID and share your location.
Once your account is verified, you can instantly use it to send and receive money as well as pay for purchases anywhere in the EEA and Ukraine using virtual Joompay IBAN. You need to list your current address, including a shelter address to receive your Joompay Visa card.
You will be able to use your account for 3 months. However, within the next 90 days you’ll need to provide your temporary protection document or a residence permit issued in the EU.
With an active Joompay account, you will be able to do the following.
- Receive money and transfer money to family and friends in Ukraine and all over EEA.
- Receive money from a bank card into the Joompay app.
- Instantly pay for your purchases or transfer money to your other accounts.
- Use Joompay plastic Visa card and Joompay virtual card with Apple Pay or Google pay for contactless transactions online and offline.
- Link your Joompay card to any debit card.
Joompay euro account is completely free of charge because the fintech has removed all fees. This means there are no fees for opening your account or any monthly maintenance fees. ATM withdrawals are free up to €200. There’s no commissions on incoming bank transfers or adding money from any EU card. Moreover, there is no fee for a plastic card delivery.
Free European account for Ukrainian refugees. We [Joompay] want to support people who lost their homes and were forced to leave their homeland. We offer a free and instant European payment account to help Ukrainian refugees integrate easier into the European financial system.
More Information About Bank Accounts for Ukrainian Refugees
At FiFi Finance, we also provide information about free bank accounts for Ukrainians in the UK, Ukrainian refugees accounts in Latvia, bank account for Ukrainians in the Czech Republic and bank accounts for Ukrainian refugees in Poland. You can also read our posts regarding free bank accounts for Ukrainian refugees in Ukrainian.
- Free Revolut Account for Ukrainian Refugees in Europe
- Zero Fee bunq Account for Ukrainian Refugees in Europe
- Free Wise Account for Ukrainian Refugees in Europe
- Monese Account for Ukrainian Refugees in EEA and UK
- Moneta Bank: Free Account for Ukrainians in Czech Republic
- Bank Accounts for Ukrainian Refugees in Latvia