The Internet is arguably a world of its own. One can shop, learn, be entertained, and basically live every aspect of his or her life through the Internet. One of the digital platforms that allow individuals to learn and earn is YouTube. Since its creation in 2005 and subsequent acquisition by Google in 2006, the platform has grown to be the second most popular digital setup after Google.
Every minute, there are over 500 hours of video being uploaded on the site. Additionally, about 1.9 billion users log in every month. While some people just view this site as an avenue to get the needed information, some have transformed it into a rewarding career. Some YouTubers, who have grown into self-made celebrities, earn up to $20 million yearly from this digital platform. If this sounds like a world that you would want to be part of, then this article will provide you with crucial details on how to make money from YouTube.
Sell Your Products
With reference to monetizing YouTube, there are two groups of people: existing entrepreneurs who use this platform to market their merchandise and content creators who have taken advantage of their popularity to begin profitable ventures. Mark Dice is an example of vloggers who have successfully used YouTube as a marketing tool. He is an activist and conspiracy theorist who uses his channel to sell t-shirts and books.
To efficiently make money on YouTube by selling your products, you will need to:
- Design a product that aptly represents your channel and that will help you to further connect with the targeted audience. Don’t bombard the viewers with too many products at once.
- Identify a reliable supplier or manufacturer.
- Create a website to act as your shop. You can link it to your videos to make it easy for your viewers to access it.
- Sign up for the YouTube Partner Program to benefit from the merchandise shelf feature.
- Promote the product by using it on your videos and featuring influential individuals who also use it.
Produce Sponsored Content
By expanding your audience, you become a self-made celebrity. Subsequently, it is easy to attract brands that are willing to pay you to market their products. Indeed, this is one of the effective ways to make money from YouTube since you don’t split the earnings with anyone. When doing so, ensure you present a pitch that rubberstamps your worth.
Sell Your Content to Mass Media Outlets
Well-established media outlets such as television stations, Netflix, and Prime Video are always on the lookout for fresh content to offer to their audience. Through a video rights marketplace like Jukinmedia, your videos will easily reach renowned stations such as CNN, BBC, and MTV.
There are various crowdfunding sites that are approved by YouTube. It can be a single campaign for a project or call for consistent funding. Use your YouTube channel as well as other social media platforms for such promotions. Building an engaged audience is one of the strategies of hacking this approach of making money on YouTube.
Sign up for the YouTube Partner Program
Being a YouTube partner is not mandatory for you to monetize your channel. While you can focus on increasing viewership, the YouTube Partner Program expands your base to make money on YouTube. For you to be a YouTube partner, you have to meet all the stipulated policies. Subsequently, you will be able to make money through the engrained features including:
- Super chat and stickers. Viewers pay for their texts to be highlighted in a chat stream.
- Channel memberships. Members of your YouTube channel pay a monthly fee to enjoy special offers from you.
- YouTube premium revenue. You acquire a portion of the payments made by YouTube Premium subscribers every time they watch your videos.
- Advertising revenue. This includes earnings from video, overlay, and display ads.
- Merchandise shelf. This feature allows your followers to browse and purchase products posted on your pages.
How to Get More Views on YouTube
The bottom line on how to make money on YouTube is having a substantial number of viewers and subscribers. Whether it’s the revenue obtained from YouTube from views or sponsorship deals, YouTubers with a large following have been able to earn a decent living from this digital platform.
To reach your targeted views on a particular video clip, consider the following strategies:
- Urge your supporters to subscribe to your channel. Subscribers are likely to view your future content.
- Ask your viewers to suggest the kind of content that they would want you to create.
- Create a playlist in order to benefit from the auto-play concept.
- Focus on a niche market rather than creating content about anything and everything.
- Use relevant keywords in your video titles and descriptions.
- Use catchy thumbnail images.
- Be social by interacting with your followers and other YouTubers.
- Use other social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to increase traffic on your YouTube channel.
Digital platforms have largely transformed the world. YouTube is one of the online avenues where one can get an array of information and also build a fulfilling career. Indeed, there are various ways that one can make money on YouTube. The bottom line is to consistently create content that will appeal to your targeted followers. You will also need to utilize additional strategies to get more viewers and become a reputable influencer.