How can I make money online in Ghana with my phone? One of the challenges that freelancers and online sellers used to face in Ghana was how to receive payments. New payments methods such as mobile money are solving this problem. Mobile money (MoMo) is a fast, secure, and convenient way to send and receive money, make payments, and do other transactions using a mobile phone. There are several online jobs in Ghana that pay through mobile money after completing a given task. The following are available genuine online jobs in Ghana that will pay through mobile money.
Mobile money was first introduced in Ghana in 2009. However, it took time to gain traction due to the Bank of Ghana’s restrictive 2008 Branchless Banking Guidelines. These guidelines were revised 5 years later permitting mobile network operators to own and operate mobile money services under the supervision of the Central Bank.
Online Jobs That Pay through Mobile Money in Ghana
The following are one of the best options for one to earn money online in Ghana through mobile money.
Ecommerce is on the rise as most people prefer to buy goods online. Jumia is an answered prayer to those who prefer making cashless payments for online trade. Being one of the biggest online marketplaces in Ghana, it has many different kinds of products. This gives affiliates a wide range of products to advertise. As a Jumia affiliate, you will advertise goods sold on Jumia by creating links on your website or social media platforms. Once the goods are purchased, you gain a commission. Jumia affiliates can use payment processing websites such as Rave, Hubtel, Slydepay, or Expresspay to accept mobile money payments.
Triaba Ghana is one of the best platforms for online surveys that pay through mobile money in Ghana. To make money on Triaba, you will first need to register and create your profile. The surveys you get match your profile. The surveys are quite simple and usually consist of a question and answer parts. Once the survey is complete, you get paid through mobile money. Online surveys are ideal jobs for students.
PePaPa is a Ghanaian website that connects traders online. It acts as an intermediary between traders and ensures that they find a trusted person for you to trade with. You can sell on PePaPa using a personal account or a business account and once your product is sold, you are paid through mobile money. If you use this platform well, it could be your source of online jobs in Ghana that pays daily through mobile money.
Cryptocurrency/Bitcoin Trade in Ghana
Cryptocurrencies are gaining popularity in Ghana and people are earning good money online by trading, holding, and investing in crypto. You can make profits by buying bitcoin when the price is lower and sell it when there is an increase in the price.
Zoobashop is a Ghanaian ecommerce platform where buyers and sellers meet and agree on a price to promote their products. You can sell any products on this platform and once your product is sold, you get paid through mobile money. This is one of online jobs in Ghana that pay daily through mobile money.
Blogging is a popular online job in Ghana that pays through mobile money. To be a successful blogger, you will need to have excellent writing skills and a good mastery of the language you intend to use. There are many things you can write about including fashion, travel, health and fitness, sports, celebrities, automobiles, politics, etc. Once your blog has gained traction, you can start monetising your traffic by placing local ads from Ghanaian businesses on your blog.
Akesse Sanza is considered the richest blogger in Ghana. He has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million. Other richest bloggers in Ghana are Ameyaw Kissi Debrah, Israel Boafo Bansah, David Ajao and Nana Kofi Acquah.
15Ghana.com is a platform for freelance jobs in Ghana. Freelancing in Ghana with the website, allows you advertise your skills and talents at a price. For example, if you are a writer, you post on this platform that you are a writer. Anyone interested in your services will give you a job and once you complete the given task, you are paid through mobile money. You will only need an active email address and phone number to join the platform and registration is free. Other freelance jobs in Ghana that you can post on 15Ghana.com to earn include video production, editing, graphic designing, proofreading, etc.
With drop shipping, you sell products that do not belong to you. To start making money online through dropshipping in Ghana, you go to a manufacturer or wholesale websites such as Amazon, Jumia, eBay, Aliexpress, etc. to get products at a wholesale price. Then, you will put images of the products on your platform at a retailed price. When customers purchases the product at the retail price, you will send the product and shipping details to the original seller to who will then be ship the product to your customer. The retail price you set is always higher, earning you a profit. The best platforms to start drop shipping businesses in Ghana are Shopify, WordPress and AliDropship.
- Shopify. Paystack‘s direct integration to Shopify enables you to accept payments through mobile money from your Ghana Shopify store.
- WordPress. WordPress is an ideal drop shipping platform that you can use to accept mobile money payments in Ghana if you have integrated ecommerce solutions such as WooCommerce with WordPress. To start accepting mobile payments, you need to install plugins such as Pay with MTN MoMo, which allows you to collect payments on your WooCommerce store using MTN mobile money in 12 countries including Ghana. Other plugins include Easypay, WooCommerce mobile money, and Myghpay.
- AliDropship. This a dropshipping platform for selling AliExpress products. The platform allows you to use their plugin for your WordPress ecommerce site. Payment platforms such as Paystack, Rave and DusuPay that accept mobile money in Ghana are supported on AliDropship.
Mobile Money Services in Ghana
Mobile money services are owned and operated by either mobile network operators or financial institutions like banks. There are several mobile network operators (MNO) that provide mobile money services in Ghana. Well known MNOs in Ghana including the following:
- MTN Mobile Money. You will need to register for MTN Mobile money services before you can start using their services. You can visit an authorized MTN Merchant or register online on MTN Mobile Money website. Once you register successfully, you can start to work online and get paid through MTN mobile money.
- AirtelTigo Money. Airtel and Tigo network providers merged in 2017 to form AirtelTigo Money. Customers can send money to friends and family art zero charges.
- Vodafone Cash. Vodafone is the second largest mobile money service provider in Ghana. You can send money to other Vodafone cash users as many times as you want at zero charges.
Final Thoughts on Online Jobs in Ghana that Pay Through Mobile Money
Online jobs in Ghana include tasks such as completing surveys, data entry, transcribing, content creation, web designing, Search Engine Optimisation, etc. They are highly flexible and versatile, allowing you to plan how you intend to work. You will need to choose your preferred mobile money service provider and register before using their services. To work online in Ghana and achieve success, you need self-discipline, hard work and sufficient interest.