Payoneer is a digital payment service that serves over 200 countries in more than 150 currencies. If you sign up for a Payoneer account, you will be able to do a number of things. These include receiving money from abroad, withdrawing money from MasterCard supported ATMs, book hotels online, do online shopping, and even buy domain and web hosting. The Payoneer Mpesa service has helped many Kenyans become financially independent since they can take on online jobs without having to worry about how to reeive online payments in Kenya.
- 1 Payoneer to Mpesa Kenya
- 2 How to Create a Payoneer Account in Kenya
- 3 How to Top Up your Payoneer Account
- 4 How to Withdraw Money from Payoneer to Mpesa
- 5 How to Link Payoneer Account to your Bank Account
- 6 How to Withdraw Money from Payoneer to Bank Account
- 7 How Much Does Payoneer Charge?
- 8 Final Thoughts on Payoneer Mpesa
Payoneer to Mpesa Kenya
Is Payoneer available in Kenya? Yes. With many companies and individuals in Kenya earning in dollars and other foreign currencies, the Payoneer to Mpesa services make it easy for them to access their money to their mobile money wallets or bank accounts.
How to Create a Payoneer Account in Kenya
To sign up for a Payoneer account, visit the Payoneer official page at www.payoneer.com. You will be provided with a form where you will fill in your full personal details, contact information, username, and password. When the signup process is successful, an email containing information about your account will be sent to the email address you provided. The email will also contain information on when your prepaid debit MasterCard would be sent to your physical address. When you receive your card, you can go ahead and activate your account.
For account activation, go to Payoneer login and enter your username and password. Once logged in, select the account setting menu and go to “Activate Card”. A dialogue box will pop up, enter your 16-digit card number and your 4-digit PIN number. Next, click the “Activation” button and your card will be linked to your account.
How to Top Up your Payoneer Account
A Payoneer account can receive funds following activation. You cannot top up your account via debit card, credit card, or local bank transfer. There are several ways to top up your account but these two are the major top up options.
- You can receive payments from companies that support the Payoneer payment method. These include freelancing sites for Kenyans such as Kuhustle, Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer, Odesk, and affiliate networks such as Clickbank, Amazon Associates, etc.
You can also get money into your Payoneer account using the US Payment Service. You do not have to be a US resident to receive payment in your Payoneer account.
How to Withdraw Money from Payoneer to Mpesa
Before you initiate the withdrawal process, make sure that you have a stable internet connection since the process requires an internet connection.
- Log in to your Payoneer account and select “Withdraw”.
- Choose “Send to Another Card” and enter [email protected] on the email address field.
- Enter the amount you wish to send and input your ePay username on the description field.
- Click n the “Continue” button to complete the transaction. You will receive an email confirming that the transaction has been initiated. You will also receive a second email confirming whether the transaction has been approved or not. If your transaction is approved, wait for a bout 20 minutes for the money to reflect in your ePay account.
- Withdraw the money to your Mpesa and wait for 10 minutes for it to reflect. Payoneer does not support direct withdrawals to Mpesa. Instead, it uses epay-kenya.com, a third-party service provider that facilitates withdrawals from Payoneer to Mpesa.
- Submit your Payoneer account details to the bank for approval.
- Log in to your Payoneer account and click on the “Withdraw” option from the main menu.
- Select “To Bank Account” and click on the “Add New” option to add your bank details. To confirm ownership of the Payoneer account, enter your Payoneer Card number, CVV, date of birth, and Payoneer account password.
- Enter your bank account details including your bank’s name, branch name, account name, account number, and the bank account description. Wait for a thank you note and email from Payoneer confirming bank account approval.
How to Withdraw Money from Payoneer to Bank Account
You can only transfer funds from Payoneer to your local bank account following approval of your bank account. Several Kenyan banks support Payoneer withdrawals including KCB bank, Equity bank, Co-operative Bank, and Barclays Bank.
To withdraw, log into your Payoneer account and go to the “Withdraw” section under the main menu and click on “To Bank Account”.
Select your bank account and enter the details of sum you want to withdraw.
Click on the “Next” button which will in turn lead you to the transaction “Confirm” button. Your money will be in your bank account in about 4 to 5 working days.
How Much Does Payoneer Charge?
Payoneer fees may vary depending on the activities involved. However, Payoneer does not charge any fee for account opening. Its charges include annual fees, MasterCard fees, exchange rate fee, card replacement fees, and ATM charges. Most withdrawals to a local bank account are usually free (for instance withdrawing from Payoneer to KCB Bank or Equity Bank is free). However, withdrawing to a bank account denominated in USD, GBP, or EUR attracts a $1.50, 1.50 Sterling pounds, or 1.50 Euros respectively. This applies only if the bank account is located in the same country where these currencies are classified as local currencies.
Final Thoughts on Payoneer Mpesa
Payoneer is an excellent money transfer company that enables freelancers receive payments from abroad. Withdrawing money from Payoneer to Mpesa is fast, simple and it also offers the best exchange rates. If you want a smooth transfer process, ensure that your internet connection is stable. Other platforms that support Mpesa in Kenya include Skrill and PayPal.