XTB is an online brokerage that helps global traders participate in the financial market. Traders can invest in indices, forex, commodities, stocks, ETFs and cryptocurrencies. In this review, we will look at what is XTB, whether XTB is a scam, and the features it offers.
What’s Special About XTB
- XTB charges low fees for forex trades, XTB Basic Account or XTB Standard Account are free from commission, withdrawal of large amounts are fast and free.
- Trading platforms include XTB MT4, XTB xTation5, and XTB xTation Mobile.
- XTB offers more than 1,500 assets as well as Islamic accounts to clients in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Jordan, Bahrain, Lebanon, Egypt and Malaysia.
- XTB Crypto offers trading in Bitcoin, altcoins and a leverage of up to 500.
- Being a publicly traded company with a long track record of more than 15 years, XTB is a low-risk broker.
What is XTB?
The finance industry is evolving quickly. These days, products that were only available to institutional investors are being readily available to retail traders around the world. Today, it is possible for ordinary people in almost all countries to trade currencies, stocks, and other assets. They can even use their mobile phones to trade.
XTB Tradable Products
XTB is a company that helps traders participate in the market. It offers an easy-to-use platform for these traders to use. XTB enables traders to trade in the following assets:
- XTB Crypto. Bitcoin, Ripple, Bitcoin CASH, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
- Forex. EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, and EUR/GBP among others.
- Commodities. Crude oil, natural gas, soybeans, and gold among others.
- Indices. Dow, S&P, and Nasdaq among others.
- Stocks. Apple, Facebook, Nike, and Amazon.
XTB Account Opening and Funds Deposit
The process of opening an account with XTB is relatively easy. If you are new to trading, we recommend that you open a demo account. This is an account that has virtual capital and real-time data. It helps you to trade financial assets using real data. You can open a demo account using this link. If you are an experienced trader, you should go ahead and create a live account using this link.
After you open an account, you should deposit money, transfer it to the trading platform and start trading. You can deposit funds using a bank transfer option, credit and debit cards, Payoneer, and other money transfer methods. The following table shows the two types of accounts that you can open in XTB.
How to Withdraw Funds from XTB
After you make money, you can withdraw it relatively easily. To do that, just go to your account dashboard and select withdraw. Select the option you want to withdraw the funds and the amount of money you want to withdraw. The company offers free withdrawals. Funds will hit your account within a few minutes.
XTB Review: Trading Features
- Mobile trading. You can trade crypto and other assets using your mobile devices.
- News. The company has a market news page that is updated regularly.
- Economic calendar. The company has an economic calendar that is active.
- Lower spreads. This means there is a small difference between the bid and the ask price. A low spread also means that that volatility is low and liquidity is high.
- Education. XTB has an education portal with important resources.
Trading on XTB Basic or XTB Standard account is free from commission. While funding your account with a credit or debit card in GBP or EUR attracts no additional fees, funds placed via PayPal and Skrill incur a fee of 2% of your deposited amount. For XTB crypto fees, commission for trading in supported cryptos is 4 USD (or equivalent in your account currency).
XTB withdrawal fees are as follows.
|Withdrawal fee on amounts smaller than threshold||Threshold||Amounts larger than threshold|
|20 USD||100 USD||Free|
|16 EUR||80 EUR||Free|
|12 GBP||60 GBP||Free|
|3000 HUF||12 000 HUF||Free|
XTB stock fees and ETF CFD fees are as follows.
|Market||Volume-based fee||Minimum fee|
|UK domestic, Germany, Portugal, Spain, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden||0.08%||€8|
|Czech Republic||0.25%||CZK 300|
|Italy||0.08%||€8 + 0.07% of trade value|
For full list of XTB fees for all countries and services as of May 2021, see here.
Is XTB Safe?
The online brokerage industry has been saturated in recent years. There are so many companies that are offering these services. Some of these companies are genuine while others are not. Therefore, it is important that you ensure that you are using a company that is regulated. XTB is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, which is the main regulator in the United Kingdom. It is also regulated by CySEC and BaFin. Your funds are also protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) up to £85,000 per person in the event of insolvency.
XTB Supported Countries
Austria, Bahrain, Bulgaria, Chile, Czech Republic, China, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Netherlands, Oman, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Italia, UK, Vietnam, and United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia.
XTB does not accept traders from the United States. Part of the reason is that CFDs are illegal in the US.
FAQ About XTB Crypto
Where is the headquarter of XTB?
The headquarter of XTB is in London.
What are the deposit options for XTB?
How long does it take to withdraw funds from XTB?
It takes less than a day for you to receive your funds. This will depend on the type of withdrawal option.
What is the maximum leverage at XTB?
For EU customers, the maximum leverage is 30:1. For international customers, it can get to $200:1.
What is the minimum deposit at XTB?
The minimum deposit is $250 or £250, or €250
What trading platform are offered in XTB?
XTB offers a number of trading platforms like Metatrader and xTation.
Investing in forex, stocks, ETFs and crypto is becoming very popular these days. Nonetheless, it is a risky business. Indeed 75% of people who open a trading account lose money. Therefore, you need to be very careful. Take time to learn about trading and only invest money you can easily afford to lose.